My horse painting is taking longer than normal to get looking okay. Cabbage Lady is going well. Nest in a rhododendron is on day 2 and has the most potential. Mr. Spaz the cat is on day 2 underpainting. Thanks to the sunshine, I’m able to set my wet work outside and speed up layers.
Today I added brown, lime green and transparent white.
I’m painting sick, can you tell?
Every painting is a puzzle. I will figure each one out, but it does take longer than I like to admit. For Spaz the Cat, I did two underpaintings and then combined magenta and kelly green to make black on top. I don’t know yet how I’m going to add hairiness and make him look unflat, but I might try adding a small brush of thinner or lighter paint.
Here I try adding Mars Black and gray to the coat. Green, browns, and rose to the ground. I’m letting this dry and put mega details in his face tomorrow. I need to finish tomorrow.
I am probably close to done now.
I might be obsessed with my horse. This one is fat from perfect, but I like working on it. Next, I’ll fix the large triangle of shallow water going into her chest.