I don't know what to paint next. Give me some input! I am hoping to do something orange or purple or both (because I haven't done that yet).
1) Since my goal is an Arcade Show, I'm thinking of TMNT and a tribute to my turtle, Highway. I'm thinking of Red Sonja, Gradius Brain Boss or Fire Dragon, and Loom. Attached are some ideas, but nothing's sticking.
2) In my heart, I'm always hoping to paint PNW or poor or realistic-sad paintings of daily life. However, when I take a pic of what I want to paint and look at it the next day, there's not much feeling. It seems like happiness, hope, color and fantasy are stronger than gray dirty things.
You gotta feel it, ya know? What next? Honestly, I think this election has put me in a funk. I couldn't even finish my novel this month and it was going to be awesome. It was about the Black Forest and my heritage and where my Grandma got her last name, "Khel" from. It means the jugular artery in the neck. A beheader.
3) Maybe I should paint myself playing dance music on my trumpet marching on Washington. I fantasize about this and have been practicing doing the Charleston while playing trumpet in almost every key. I'm on Kayak constantly watching for a flight under $400.00. Anyone want to pay for me to march on Washington? I would be the coolest most kick ass girl ever. I want to make a cape that says something like, "Most Qualified Denied" or "Man, I feel like a woman" or a huge painting of a vagina on my cape.
4) I was thinking of painting that little Syrian boy that drowned:(. I cry pretty hard when I look at that. I was thinking how to draw him in a way that made it better, but I don't want to make it better because I want people to be be punished for not being good. I want American to take in all refugees. Everyone aside from Native Americans are refugees so to speak. "Our" ancestors left for a reason -a better life, so they're similar to refugees in that they were escaping a bad place. America should be a leader and a hero.
5) I also want to paint my family's hands. Hands say a lot. My dad's hands. My Grandma's hands. My children's hands. Pretty meaningful to me.
So, which direction should I go? 1) Arcade/Comics, 2) PNW, 3) Women's Rights, 4) Syria, 5) Hands? What would YOU want to see?